‘ROBUCK PARK’ – FORMER HOSPITAL HAS NEW FUTURE
- The site is the former Hellingly Hospital
- Site area: 25 hectares
- Sitting on top of a hill overlooking the East Sussex countryside, the site was granted outline planning permission for 400 dwellings
- As construction commenced, many issues had to be overcome, including asbestos contamination and ecological issues, ensuring that natural habitats and wildlife were retained and protected
- The new site also adopted a sustainable urban drainage system.
- Extensive works to facilitate the development had to be undertaken, including the provision of a community pavilion within the park, an extensive package of off-site road improvements and traffic calming, both in the proximity of the site and along the A271 south of the development
- Over half of the development is dedicated to parkland, play areas, allotments, a sports pavilion and cricket green