‘Clayton Mills’, A Brand New Development In Mid Sussex
- The site is located west of Mackie Avenue and north of Queens Drive and was identified as suitable for brand-new homes.
- Site area: the Planning Inspector recommended that 6 hectares should be allocated for up to 120 dwellings, with 30% allocation for affordable housing
- Within the proposal, it was agreed that land adjoining the public footpath should be laid out as
- Public Open Space, with land to the north of the housing area allocated as playing fields
- Financial contributions were made by the developer towards the provision of additional primary and secondary school places, improved community facilities, transport and civic amenity facilities
- The development included the usual ecological issues. It was agreed that the location required additional ecological enhancement, such as on-site features to benefit local wildlife.
- Although there were no recorded archaeological finds on this site, it was with much amazement when clearing the area began, several burial urns were found and relocated
- Sold to Barratt Southern Counties