Superb Edge Of Settlement Development Site
- Site at Clayton Mills/Ockley Lane, Hassocks – on the instructions of the E C Matthews Charitable Trust, formal discussions were initiated in 2015 for this residential site
- Site area: 27.11 Hectares, 67 Acres
- Promotion Agreement entered into with Gleeson Strategic Land. Ensuing discussions progressed with Mid Sussex District Council’s Planning Department
- Planning Consent gained at Committee in early 2019
- Planning Permission granted for a scheme of 500 homes, incorporating 30% social housing, Public Open Space (POS) and Section 106 Contributions. The application was judicially reviewed due to the Gypsy & Travellers’ condition within the Local Plan. This was dismissed, due to robust conditions within the Local Plan
- Detailed negotiations were held with Network Rail to agree the cost of a pedestrian tunnel to be constructed beneath the London to Brighton Railway Line.
- Land sold to Taylor Wimpey in February 2021
Contact our land agents for West Sussex for further information.