Check out some of our frequently asked questions below.

It really depends on whether or not your site is being promoted through a SHELAA or HELAA. Has you landholding been promoted through the Neighbourhood Plan? Contact us, and we can make an assessment.

It depends on the size of your land-holding. There are local, regional and national developers but the biggest major developers generally consider schemes only of more than 50 units.

The planning system is in freefall. Even if you gain Outline Planning Consent, sometimes it takes longer than a year to gain a consent for reserved matters.

Your land value is based on density i.e. square feet to the acre. Contact us, and we will assess your land value

Payment is made on Completion. For sites larger than 100 units, developers will very often require deferred payments (to spread the cost)

We will assess viability to give probability, but nothing is guaranteed in Planning.

An Option Agreement is made between a vendor and a purchaser and gives the ‘purchaser’ an option to purchase.

It is an agreement where a site is offered to the open market to establish value.

It is where a forum is established which recommends areas within a town/village where they would support development for. For more information see–2

‘Community Infrastructure Levy’ should be used to support development by funding infrastructure that the council, local community and neighbourhoods want. They are calculated as a percentage of the square footage of the Open Market units on new developments in their area.

These are an area of open space reserved for dog walking etc…

SANG stands for Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace.

It means that the development is within easy access of facilities, transport etc…

The Planning Authority – they normally base the calculation on between 12 and 16 units per nett acre.

Central Government establishes the need based on a forecast of the number of houses they believe should be constructed throughout the country. This number is then divided between County Councils then onto District Councils. This number of units should be built within a 5 year period.

An Appeal is normally based upon a Local Authority’s refusal to grant a consent through the planning system/committee. If a developer believes the Local Authority or Planning Committee has been unreasonable then they appeal against an adverse decision.

If your land is not in the green belt, you can consider it for residential development. However if your land is adjoining Green Belt, landscaping etc.. is vitally important in these instances.

Strategic Housing & Economic Land Availability Assessment.

Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace

Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment.

Call or Email our experienced Land Team in confidence today!